The following are an number of guiding questions to consider when creating your own business case. Creating your own business case is a great activity to understand certain business and jobs within those businesses. This helpful information to interview a business person.
The goal of business related questions is get you organized with the kinds of things you want to talk about. You can add questions and alter them to suit your interests. The questions should help you carry a conversation or just get you started.
There are times when you have access to a person and don’t know what to say. We are trying to prepare you with some questions. Prepare your own list and carry it with you or memorize it.
If you want to share your questions or answers which people have provided to you, please see our contact page.
Questions for a business person.
Training/experience required for your job (years, other jobs):
- How did you get your job?
- Could you please explain what you do for a living (work wise)?
- How do you know that you have chosen the right career?
- Why should kids choose your career path?
- What would you recommend career wise and how should kids approach/develop their preparation for a working life?
- Lessons learned:If you started all over again what would you do differently?
- A favorite anecdote, phrase, or expression relating to business that inspires you:
- Other suggestions or relevant information you would communicate to kids regarding careers in general.
- Name of Company:
- Type of Business:
- What does the company do?
- How long has the company been in business?
- Who buys your product?
- Why do people buy your product/service.?
- Why is the company located where it is located?
- What are some of the key issues facing your business?
- What are some of the opportunities for your business?
- What does it take to succeed or what do you have to do well to succeed?
- How do you know that you have succeeded?
- What do you do differently from your competition?
- How well do you know your competition?
People in the Business
- What education and training do people need?
- How do you attract people to work for this company?
- How well do people work together in your company?
- What do people like about the location of the company?
- How are people trained to advance in the company?
- What part of your business is fun and challenging?
- Is it a business that you feel good about being involved in?
- What are the important qualities of the people that work in this business?
- What kind of person does it take to succeed in this business?
- How much travel is required in this business ?