To learn to be an entrepreneur it is important to first understand what an entrepreneur is. Once we are clear on what an entrepreneur is then we can learn the skills and develop the experiences to be an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur is a person who creates a business.
An entrepreneur is;
- A person who organizes and manages a business undertaking, assuming the risk for the sake of the profit.
- Someone who perceives an opportunity and creates an organization to pursue it or simply someone who is looking to build/develop a company.
- An entrepreneur is someone who looks at thinks differently – challenges the status quo, knows he or she can do it better or differently.
- It is important to understand that an entrepreneur is not necessarily someone that is self-employed (works for themselves). As more and more people become self-employed we need to understand what makes people entrepreneurs.
- “Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.”.
A simple example of an entrepreneur is a child who opens a street side lemonade stand or any type of business such as selling crafts, used clothes, cutting lawns or odd jobs. The business opportunities of entrepreneurs can be much more complex, require additional staff and international business locations.
Do some internet searches of entrepreneurs to understand more.